We work in a highly competitive environment where stress is part of our lifestyles. Psychologists and experts agree that the right amount of pressure and stress can fuel peak performance, bring good mental health and personal satisfaction. However, success comes with a price – long hours at work, that is accompanied with high stress level. This workshop will show how you can manage stress and time effectively and use the positive effects of stress to help you to perform even better at work.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the main sources of stress
- Apply effective techniques to overcome negative effects of stress
- Enhance work performance using the positive energy of stress
- Prioritise work tasks and design ‘to do’ lists
- Achieve more with limited time
Who Should Attend
1. Stress and its Symptoms
- What is stress?
- Stress Response Curve
- Transactional Model of Stress
- Symptoms of Stress
- Identify you Stressors using BPS Model (individual activity)
2. Techniques to Overcome Negative Effects of Stress
- BPS Model (team activity)
- Transactional Model of Stress (pair activity)
- ABCDEF Model of Analysis (pair activity)
- Self-Talk (individual activity)
3. Time Management and its Importance
- Time Management Quiz (individual activity)
- Benefits of task prioritization
- Time Wasters and Time Savers
- Pareto Principle
4. SOP Techniques for Effective Time Management
- Goal Setting (individual activity)
- Organise through Pareto Analysis (pair activity)
- Techniques for Prioritization (individual and pair activities)
- Use of Technology
Medium of Instruction & Trainer : Trainee Ratio
- Mini lectures
- Facilitated interactive discussions
- Individual, pair and team activities
- Mutual sharing and feedback
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
NTUC members enjoy UTAP* (Union Training Assistance Programme) benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
* UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be an union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.
Please call us at +65 6336-LHUB (5482) for more information.