Course Code: NICF017
SSG SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0027887-IT
The PMP® designation is recognized worldwide as the standard of the profession, attesting to one’s core knowledge and understanding of critical Project Management concepts, principles and techniques. Certification sets Project Management Professionals apart from the crowd. This programme is designed with the objective to assist participants understand PMI’s standard for Project Management with the view to prepare the participants to sit for PMP® certification exam.
We are a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for Project Management Institute (PMI), USA and our Provider ID is 3163
This course enables participants to
- Be responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project,
- Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects,
- Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to apply a methodology to projects,
- Complete work on time and on budget in an environment which reinforces alignment with organizational strategy,
- Start, build or advance their careers in project, program and portfolio management.
Who Should Attend
Candidates who lead projects and those who are seeking the PMP® certification.
This includes but not limited to
- Project Managers (from all industries)
- IT Project Managers
- Project Leaders
- Functional Managers
No credit or certification pre-requisites required to attend this course.
However, to sit for the official PMP® certification exam, candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- 4,500 hours of project management experience spent leading and directing project(s)
- 3 years of project management experience within 6 years prior to application
- 7,500 hours of project management experience spent leading and directing project(s)
- 5 years of project management experience within 8 years prior to experience
If you don’t meet the above criteria but would like to achieve a globally recognised Project Management certification, you may consider NICF – Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®.
5 Days / 35 Hours
Project Integration Management
- Overview of Project Integration Management
- Develop Project Charter
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Direct and Manage Project Work
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Close Project or Phase
Project Scope Management
- Overview of Project Scope Management
- Plan Scope Management
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
- Validate Scope
- Control Scope
Project Time Management
- Overview of Project Time Management
- Plan Schedule Management
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Duration
- Develop Schedule
- Control Schedule
Project Cost Management
- Overview of Project Cost Management
- Plan Cost Management
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Control Costs
Project Quality Management
- Overview of Project Quality Management
- Plan Quality Management
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Control Quality
Project Human Resource Management
- Overview of Project Human Resource Management
- Plan Human Resource Management
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage Project Team
Project Communications Management
- Overview of Project Communications Management
- Plan Communications Management
- Manage Communications
- Control Communications
Project Risk Management
- Overview of Project Risk Management
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Response
- Control Risks
Project Procurement Management
- Overview of Project Procurement Management
- Plan Procurement Management
- Conduct Procurements
- Control Procurements
- Close Procurements
Project Stakeholder Management
- Overview of Stakeholder Management
- Identify Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Management
- Manage Stakeholder Engagement
- Control Stakeholder Engagement
- End of Course Review
Professional and Social Responsibility
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during the class.
After completing the course, students can prepare and sit for the official PMP® examination.
Students are required to obtain 35 contact hours of formal education to sit for the examination. This can be achieved by taking this 5 Days / 35.25 Hours course.
Once you are eligible to take the credential exam, PMI will notify you by e-mail and send you examination scheduling instructions.
Exam Eligibility Period
- Is the period of time during which you are able to test
- Lasts one year
- Starts on the day your application was approved
You may take the examination up to three times within this one-year eligibility period. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you will be responsible for fees associated with re-examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Students need to pass the PMP® examination to attain the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
For students who had purchased the examination(s), they will receive a printed instruction voucher or email instructions during the class period to allow them to book the relevant computer-based examination for their course (e.g. exam 77-418: Word 2013 Core for students taking Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word 2013).
As we recognize that every individual has different studying pace, we will allow everyone to make a choice when they are ready to take the examination*. So they can register for their examination date by proceed to Level 3, Room G Exam Department at our NTUC Trade Union House center to book their examination, upon receipt of the instruction voucher/ email instructions.
*Subjected to terms and conditions and schedule availability. The exam department cannot register for your examination if the voucher provided by the official vendor has expired. The instruction voucher or email instructions will not indicate the expiry date.
As part of PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements program, a PMP® credential holder will need to earn 60 PDUs per three-year cycle after earning the certification.
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$1,550.00||$1,658.50||$1,550.00||$1,658.50||$1,550.00||$1,658.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$1,021.25||$1,129.75||$1,021.25||$1,129.75||$155.00||$263.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$155.00||$263.50||$155.00||$263.50||$155.00||$263.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$77.50||$186.00||$77.50||$186.00||$77.50||$186.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP). For more details on UTAP, click here.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap).
Certification Exam Fee:
|w/o GST||w GST|
|Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Fee for PMI non-members||S$804.75||S$861.08|
|Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Fee for PMI members||S$587.25||S$628.35|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.
Participants are advised to register for PMI Membership on their own before enrolling for this course. PMI Membership will cost USD 139 and to register, visit http://www.pmi.org/membership.aspx.
PMI Membership includes several benefits, such as
- Access to digital editions of all PMI global standards, including “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide—Fifth Edition)”
- Discounted Exam Fee (SGD 587.25 before GST for PMI members and SGD 804.75 before GST for PMI non-members)
- Discounted Reexamination Fee (USD 275 for PMI members and USD 375 for PMI non-members)
- Practical, customizable tools and templates that help you manage your project information and save you time and effort.
- On-Demand Webinars
- Peer-written and reviewed articles
- Business and project management books in eReads & Reference
To facilitate students to learn more effectively during the course, students will be provided the following materials during the classroom training:
- Rita Mulcahy’s PMP® Exam Prep 8th Edition UPDATED
- Printed Handouts prepared by our instructor
* Terms and conditions. NTUC LearningHub reserve all rights to amend or change these provided materials without notice.
“PMI”, the PMI logo, “PMBOK”, “CAPM”, “Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)”, “PMP”, “Project Management Professional (PMP)”, “Project Management Professional”, the PMP logo, “PMI-ACP”, “PMI Agile Certified Practitioner” are marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.