Course Code: NICF016
SSG SkillsConnect Code: CRS-Q-0027889-IT
PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® is a valuable entry-level certification for project practitioners. Designed for those with little or no project experience, the CAPM® demonstrates your understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology and processes of effective project management.
Whether you are new to project management, or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM® can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level.
We are a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) for Project Management Institute (PMI), USA and our Provider ID is 3163
This course enables participants to
- Have a thorough understanding of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) approach to project management
- Be very familiar with all sections of “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)”
Who Should Attend
- Entry level individuals wishing to enter the project management profession
- Project team members, project support staff, team leads, functional managers
- Individuals who would like to obtain an international credential demonstrating an understanding of project management fundamentals and best practices, as defined in the PMBOK®.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students looking to maximize their opportunities in the job market
- Project managers desiring a professional certification, but lacking the experience requirements for the PMP® certification
There is no prerequisite to attend this course. However, candidates with no background in project management are strongly advised to attend NICF – Project Management Fundamentals before attending this course.
Certification Exam Pre-requisites
If you are intending to sit for the official CAPM® exam administered by PMI, you need to satisfy the following criteria before taking the examination:
- Secondary Degree (High school diploma or the global equivalent)
- At least 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team (OR) 23 hours of project management education by the time you sit for the exam.
This 23 hours of project management education criteria can be satisfied by attending this 3 Days / 25 Hours course.
3 Days / 25 Hours
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Lifecycle & Organization
- Project Management Processes
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Mode of Assessment
Students will be required to complete a paper-based NICF assessment during class.
After the course, students can take part in the official CAPM® examination.
Certification Obtained and Conferred by
Students need to pass CAPM® examination to attain the Certified Associate in Project Management certification.
For students who had purchased the examination(s), they will receive a printed instruction voucher or email instructions during the class period to allow them to book the relevant computer-based examination for their course (e.g. exam 77-418: Word 2013 Core for students taking Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word 2013).
As we recognize that every individual has different studying pace, we will allow everyone to make a choice when they are ready to take the examination*. So they can register for their examination date by proceed to level 3 Room G Exam Department at our NTUC Trade Union House center to book their examination upon receipt of the instruction voucher/ email instructions.
*Subjected to terms and conditions and schedule availability. The exam department cannot register for your examination if the voucher provided by the official vendor has expired. The instruction voucher or email instructions will not indicate the expiry date.
As a CAPM® certification holder, you do not need to earn PDUs. Instead, you take a re-exam before the end of your five-year certification cycle.
|Individual Sponsored||Company Sponsored|
|w/o GST||w GST||Non-SME||SME|
|w/o GST||w GST||w/o GST||w GST|
|Original Course Fee||$950.00||$1,016.50||$950.00||$1,016.50||$950.00||$1,016.50|
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$575.00||$641.50||$575.00||$641.50||$95.00||$161.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above||$95.00||$161.50||$95.00||$161.50||$95.00||$161.50|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)||$47.50||$114.00||$47.50||$114.00||$47.50||$114.00|
- Individual Sponsored
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their SkillsFuture Credit to offset course fee payable after funding.
- Eligible Singapore Citizens can use their PSEA funds to offset course fee payable after funding.
- NTUC Members can enjoy up to 50% funding (capped at $250 per year) under Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP). For more details on UTAP, click here.
- Company Sponsored
- Absentee Payroll claimable by SMEs: Up to 80%of hourly basic salary capped at $7.50/hr
- Absentee Payroll claimable by Non-SMEs: Up to 80% of hourly basic salary capped at $4.50/hr
- Absentee payroll claimable by companies (SMEs and Non-SMEs) sponsoring candidates under WTS Scheme: Up to 95% of hourly basic salary (no dollar cap).
Certification Exam Fee:
|w/o GST||w GST|
|Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Fee||S$435.00||S$465.45|
Terms and conditions apply. NTUC LearningHub reserve the right to make changes or improvements to any of the products described in this document without prior notice.
Prices are subject to other LHUB miscellaneous fees.