Courses for WSH Professionals
A number of occupations are involved throughout the value-chain so that workplaces are kept safe and the work environment protects workers’ wellbeing. A WSH Professional may refer to any of the following:
- WSH Officers (WSHO)
- WSH Auditors
- WSH coordinators/WSH representatives
- Occupational physicians
- Designated Workplace Doctors (DWD)
- Industrial hygienists (Occupational hygienists)
- Occupational Health Nurses (OHN)
- Competent persons involved in air sampling or management of hazardous materials
- Competent persons involved in noise monitoring or noise control
- Safety assessors in hot works or confined spaces
- Fire safety managers
These professionals have undergone specialised training to ensure that the workplace environment and its working conditions are safe for everyone who are within its premises. They take reference from the Workplace Safety and Health Act (WSHA) and its subsidiary regulations and carry out WSH risk assessments, medical and environmental monitoring and implementation of control measures.
The need for WSH professionals in Singapore will continue to grow. Getting a qualification in this discipline will give you the first step in moving into this profession. Learn industry specific needs in WSH and constantly update yourself with the latest guidelines and legal requirements with NTUC LearningHub.