The objective of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to perform investigation activities in compliance with legal requirement and be able to apply them to the workplace. This course or competency unit consists of 5 CEs :
CE1: Interpret job roles and responsibilities of investigator
CE2: Comply with legislative requirements when conducting investigation assignments
CE3: Conduct surveillance
CE4: Prepare and submit investigation log sheet
CE5: Give evidence in court
To qualify, participants must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Interpret job roles and responsibilities of investigator
Understand the different types of services provided by the investigation agencies and the roles of the investigator.
Identify and explain the duties and responsibilities of an investigator within the investigation agency
Identify and interpret the relevant sections of legislative and regulatory requirements that govern the investigation activities
Understand the code of ethics of the investigation sector and how they apply to investigation activities
2. Comply with legislative requirements when conducting investigation assignments
Engage in discussion with project executive to clarify understanding on the details of the case brief.
Create an investigation log sheet as a record for taking notes and as reference for use when giving evidence in court.
Prepare appropriate logistic supplies required for investigation activities.
Comply with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements when carrying out investigation case.
3. Conduct surveillance
Determine the appropriate surveillance activities and make preparation to carry out surveillance activities to obtain required evidence.
Establish communication channels with project executive in accordance with organisational procedures.
Assess the ground before carrying out actual surveillance activities.
Carry out observation on surveillance site(s) according to organisation procedures, that are within the bounderies of:
Operate surveillance equipment to capture relevant evidence in accordance with:
Take corrective action to address unexpected situations according to organisational procedures.
Conclude surveillance according to organisation procedures:
4. Prepare and submit investigation log sheet
Document the information gathered during investigation work clearly and accurately by:
Complete log sheet factually and objectively according to the information gathered.
Observe the rules of evidence when handling physical evidences which form part of the case investigation.
Present completed log sheet to project executive according to organisational procedures which may include:
5. Give evidence in court
Prepare self (investigator) on the day of official proceedings by:
Make preparation to attend official proceedings which includes going through relevant documents and records of investigation prior to appearance in official proceedings:
Observe strict official proceeding protocol and follow instructions given by officials.
Give evidence clearly and based on facts.
When in doubt, seek permission to make reference from facts recorded in log sheet before proceeding to give evidence.
Trainer : Trainee Ratio : 1:20
Price are subject to changes.
Note: SkillsFuture Funding, >=21 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen/PR
SkillsFuture Funding, >=40 yrs old : Applicable to Singapore Citizen ONLY
Course reference code in SkillsConnect: CRS-Q-0018728-SE
Skills Development Fund (SDF) and SkillsFuture Funding:
· Participants must attend at least 75% of the course, complete the exam with a pass or competent result.
· Online applications are not applicable for companies applying funding with Absentee Payroll.
· Workforce Training Support (WTS) funding only applies to trainee who is 35 years old and above with a monthly income of $1,900 and below.
For Company Registration:
· Customers who are applying funding for trainee(s), please submit Training Grant applications in SkillsConnect website before registration.
· Training Grant number is to be submitted together with the registrations.
· Payment for the course must be using company cheque or via GIRO.
· For more information on SDF Training Grant application, please click here
Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP):
· NTUC members enjoy UTAP* benefit of up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses with NTUC LearningHub.
*UTAP supports 50% of the course fees paid cap at $250 per year. You must be a union member throughout the course duration and at the time of claim. You must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and have sat for all prescribed examinations. Other terms and conditions apply.