WHAT IS P-MAX?
P-Max is a Place-and-Train Programme for Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMETs) which aims to:
- Help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to better recruit, train, manage and retain their newly-hired PMETs.
- Enable SMEs to establish better communication channels between supervisors and staff and to adopt progressive HR practices (e.g. goals setting, performance management)
- Help newly-hired PMETs to better acclimatise to the new SME work environment and to encourage better staff retention in SMEs.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Local SMEs looking to hire PMEs
- Job-seeker PMEs who are Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents, looking for a career with SMEs
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Job Matching: Job-seeking PMEs will be screened and matched with suitable positions in hiring SMEs by Porgramme Managers (PMs). SMEs with newly-hired PMEs are also eligible to participate.
Working Training: SME supervisors and their newly-hired PMEs will attend respective SME and PME workshops. Both workshops enkoy up to 90% SSG course funding for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents.
Post-Training Follow-up: Upon completion of both workshops, P-Max PMs will follow up with the newly-trained PMEs and their SME representatives for a period of sixd months.
Assistance Grant: SMEs that successfully complete the six-month follow-up and retain their newly-hired PME employee(s) will then be eligible for a one-time grant of S$5,000.
HOW WILL SMEs BENEFIT?
With up to 90% funding support from WSG, SMEs are only required to pay the 10% nett fee portion of the respective SME and PME workshop course fees. SMEs who successfully complete the six-month follow-up aimed at strengthening HR practices and retain their newly-hired PME employee(s), will also be eligible for a one-off S$5,000 Assistance Grant.
HOW DO I APPLY?
SMEs must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered or incorporated in Singapore
- Be made up of at least 30% local shareholding
- Have an annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million or employment size not exceeding 200 employees
- Offer PME job vacancies that pay a gross monthly salary of at least S$2,500; and/or have hired a PME within the last 3 months (i.e. 90 days) prior to enrolment into programme and paying a gross monthly salary of at least S$2,500
PMEs must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident who is keen to pursue a full-time career in an SME
- Diploma holder or have prior work experience in a PME job
- Have at least one year of full-time working experience
NTUC LearningHub (LHUB), U SME’s appointed partner for this programme, will be providing training for SMEs with the aim of encouraging them to start adopting progressive HR policies based on talent development. At the same time, we also help to train and develop newly-hired PMETs so that they will be equipped with adequate skillsets to perform their duties.
SME Supervisor Workshop (One Day)
This workshop aims at helping SMEs to develop progressive HR practices to attract, recruit and retain PMETs. Participants will learn what organisation strategies they should implement to coach, manage and develop their PMETs. Using the Performance Management toolkit, the workshop will address issues pertaining to effective leadership, how to establish regular and open communications with PMETs, as well as strategies for achieving high performance.
Please refer to brochure for more details.
S$500 per pax (before funding)
S$53.50 per pax (after funding)
PMET Workshop (Two Days)
Aimed at helping PMETs to adapt and adjust effectively to SME environment, participants will learn about the operating environment of SMEs and how to work effectively at the workplace. This workshop will highlight ways in which PMETs can develop better understanding of self and others. Issues pertaining to ways in which PMETs can leverage their skills and experience to take on challenges, manage and monitor own performance as well as establish learning and developmental action plans using the Performance Management toolkit will also be discussed.
|Please refer to brochure for more details.
S$1,500 per pax (before funding)
S$160.50 per pax (after funding)
*Terms & conditions apply.
Please refer to brochure for more details.
For more enquiries, please contact Betty Lee at 9749 0749 or email@example.com.
PMax PMET Application Form | PMax SME ApplicatIon Form